Skip to content

+1(437) 637-0693 (Toll Free)

Federal Skilled Trades Program (FST)

Trust Your Express Entry Process to High Success Consultants!

Obtain permanent residence using your work experience!

We assist on hundreds of successful cases per year - We can help you with yours!

Don’t risk unnecessary delays or a refusal. Contact us TODAY, and let’s talk about your life in Canada.

Start your Free Assessment

Esto nos ayudará a evaluar mejor tu caso y cómo podemos ayudarte.
We'll get back to you within a few hours
More than 16 years of experience

More than 16 years of experience

Our consultants are licensed by CICC

Our consultants are licensed by CICC in all provinces

Dedicated quality assurance team

Dedicated quality assurance team

Hundreds of successful cases per year

Hundreds of successful cases per year

Services available in English, Spanish and French

Services available in English, Spanish and French

Specialty in LMIAs

Specialty in LMIAs, work permits and family sponsorships

What is the Federal Skilled Trades Program?

The Federal Skilled Trades (FST) program focuses on candidates with specific occupational experience to apply for permanent residence.

Specifically, the FST program is for foreigners with work experience in hands-on work and specialty knowledge, comply with several other factors.

What Are the Main Five FST Requirements?

Work Experience Time

To apply to the Federal Skilled Trades program, you must have at least 2 years of experience in a job listed in the National Occupational Classification (In specific major and minor groups) in the last five years. This can be achieved by:

Full-time paid work experience (in one or several jobs) or the equivalent in continued part-time employment.

You must be able to prove that you were paid for this work in wages or commissions.

You could also apply if you have a job offer of full-time employment for at least a year or by submitting a trade qualification certificate issued by a Canadian authority.

NOC Listing

You must have worked two years in one or more occupations listed in the National Occupational Classification (NOC) in the following occupational groups:

Major Group 72: Industrial, electrical and construction

Major Group 73: Maintenance and equipment operation

Major Group 82: Supervision and technical jobs in natural resources, agriculture and related production

Major Group 92: Processing, manufacturing and utilities supervision and central operators

Minor Group 632: Chefs and cooks

Minor Group 633: Butchers and bakers

Valid Temporary Residence

To be eligible for the Federal Skilled Trades program you must have gained work experience. It could be outside Canada or inside by having a temporary residence status with authorization to work.

Language Proficiency

You need a minimum score of four points on the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) for reading and writing abilities and a score of five points CLB for speaking and listening; or the Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiens (NCLC) according to your NOC job position. You’ll be evaluated based on all four language abilities:





Proof of Funds

To be eligible as a Federal Skilled Trades candidate, you need to show that you have enough money to support yourself and accompanying family members to settle in Canada.

This doesn’t apply if you’re currently able to work legally in Canada or if you have a valid job offer from a Canadian employer.


You don’t need a specific education level to apply to the Federal Skilled Trades program. But you can improve your chances of getting invited to apply for permanent residence if:

You have a Canadian secondary or post-secondary education certificate or

You have an Educational Credential Assessment to prove that your foreign certificate is equal to one obtained in Canadian institutions.

Canadian Work Permit
Work Permit

How to Determine FST Eligibility?

To evaluate your eligibility for any program processed through the Express Entry system, you can fill out our form to get a first evaluation to apply under the Federal Skilled Trades program, Canadian Experience Class, or the Federal Skilled Worker streams.

Provincial or Federal Trade Assessment

You’ll have to get your work experience evaluated by a province or territory to obtain a qualification certificate for a specific trade. In case you don’t have a job offer in Canada, you’ll need to provide the trade certificate. Each region has different processes to assess these trades. If you have both, the job offer and the trade certificate, you’ll probably receive more points on your application.

In some cases, your trade could be federally regulated.

About the Process



Fill out our form or call us for a free assessment. We will evaluate your specific case to provide you with a professional opinion on your chances of success along with our best possible quote.


Strategy Creation

We will work with you to get all your personal and relevant information about your situation to lay out a strategy that best complies with Government requirements.


Case Revision

We will thoroughly review all your supporting documents and work on the strongest possible application.



We will represent you and communicate with the Government on your behalf while your application is being assessed. We will keep you informed throughout the entire process.



Once you obtain your approval you can prepare yourself for a new life in Canada.

What are you waiting for? Leave your Immigration application to the Pros!

We’ll get back to you within a few hours