+1 888-276-3399 (Toll Free)

Immigration Pros Logo

Canadian Experience Class Program (CEC)

Immigrate to Canada with Express Entry through the Canadian Experience Class

Our consultants are licensed by CICC and authorized by IRCC to provide professional immigration services.

Start your Free Assessment

Esto nos ayudará a evaluar mejor tu caso y cómo podemos ayudarte.
We'll get back to you within a few hours
15+ years of experience

More than 15 years of experience

Licensed by CICC and in every Canadian province

Our consultants are licensed by CICC in all provinces

Dedicated quality assurance team

Dedicated quality assurance team

Hundreds of successful cases per year

Hundreds of successful cases per year

We speak English, French, and Spanish

Services available in English, Spanish and French

Specialized in LMIAs, work permits, and family sponsorships

Specialty in LMIAs, work permits and family sponsorships

What is the Canadian Experience Class Program?

The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) is a program that allows foreigners to obtain permanent residence after at least 12 months of previous work experience in one or more NOC 0, A or B full-time occupations.

Candidates who have engaged in full-time employment, under the conditions stated above, may apply for Canadian permanent residence as long as the work experience was acquired no more than 36 months before the application is received by the case processing center.

Express Entry

Eligibility for Canadian Experience Class

Work Experience and Status

Recent graduates from Canadian universities may be eligible for the CEC program. In order to be eligible, a candidate must meet the following criteria:

Temporary foreign workers can also apply through the CEC program provided they have spent one year doing skilled work in Canada within the past three years and meet the language requirements.

Canadian Experience Class Program Requirements

Work Experience and Status

In order to qualify for Canadian Experience Class, a person must have worked in Canada as a skilled full-time worker for at least 12 months or a total of 1,560 hours.
Those who acquired work experience while being full-time students, or under different circumstances, do not qualify for the CEC.
Work experience must be gained while present in Canada as a temporary resident and will only fulfill the requirements if the work lands under certain job classifications.

NOC Classification

Canada uses the National Occupational Classification (NOC) to classify and describe occupations found in the Canadian labour market. Jobs are grouped based on the type of job, duties, and work a person does.

In order to qualify for CEC, a person must have worked a full-time job for at least 12 months in a job classified under NOC 0, A or B.

Language Proficiency

CEC requirements go further than Canadian work experience. In order to qualify for the program, an applicant must meet certain language requirements depending on the NOC.

Applicants must take a language proficiency test and meet a certain score based on the Canadian Language Benchmark for English or the Niveaux de Compétence Linguistique Canadiens (NCLC) in French. NOC 0 or A job applicants must have a minimum score of 7. NOC B job applicants must have a minimum score of 5.

Eligibility for the CEC in Quebec

Unfortunately, applicants who wish to live in Quebec cannot apply through the CEC. The alternative for Quebec is the Quebec Skilled Worker Class. It is also important to note that work experience gained in Quebec is accepted as work experience if the candidate intends to reside in any other province or territory and wishes to apply for the CEC.

About the Process



Call or fill out our contact form for a free assessment. Our team of professionals will evaluate your case and provide you with professional feedback on your chances of success along with a quote.


Strategy Creation

Our team of professionals will work with you to create a tailor-made strategy that is likely to result in a successful Canadian Experience Class process.


Case Revision

We will review your supporting documents thoroughly and work towards building a strong case.



In order to make this an easy and stress-free process, we will handle all communication with the government on your behalf while we await for a decision, keeping you informed every step of the way.



Once a decision has been made, our team will advise you on the next necessary steps to prepare for your arrival to Canada.

We'll get back to you within a few hours

Beware of ghost immigration consultants. Only Certified Canadian Immigration and Citizenship Consultant members in good standing with the College of Immigration and Citizenship Consultants (CICC) can offer consultation services for immigration, refugees and Canadian citizenship applications.


No, as long as your occupation is classed at the NOC 0, A or B level, is in Canada, and has occurred in the three years before the application is submitted you would be considered eligible.

Where you live will have no bearing on your application so long as your work experience was gained in Canada within the last 3 years and you meet the other eligibility requirements.

There is no proof of funds requirement for the CEC program.

Unfortunately any period of self-employment will not be considered when calculating the period of qualifying work experience under the CEC and neither will work experience gained while studying.

An easy way to improve your score is to improve your language skills. You can also look for a valid job offer or, if possible, enroll in further education.

The CEC draw score cutoff varies from year to year. Generally speaking, a score of around 450 is considered the minimum. The average cutoff score for all programs in 2020 was 472 but the minimum score for the CEC program tends to be lower than the average score minimum.