Permanent Residence for International Students with Recent Canadian Certification
New Program! Are you an international student with recent Canadian education certification? Immigration Pros can help you become a permanent resident!
The Canadian Government announced this April 12th, 2021 a temporary public policy to facilitate the granting of permanent residence for foreign nationals in Canada, outside of Quebec, with a recent credential from a Canadian post-secondary institution.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic and the extended border closure, Canada is now turning to temporary residents already in the country to fulfill the 2021-2023 Immigration Levels goals set for this year. The Canadian government considers working graduate temporary residents as contributors to the labor market and key actors that support economic growth and counteract the country’s aging demographic.
Starting on May 6th, if you are a graduate with a degree, diploma, certificate, or attestation from a DLI, you will be able to apply for this stream. Canada will keep the application process open until November 5th, only 40,000 applications will be received! Apply on time and don’t miss this opportunity!
- Canadian education credential acquired from 2017 to 2021, from an 8-month or longer program, that leads to an occupation in a skilled trade (see complete list),
- The candidate must have graduated from a post-secondary DLI, an institution in Quebec that offers 900 hours or longer leading to a DVS or AVS, or a Canadian private institution authorized by provincial law to give degrees.
- Valid language proficiency certificate, equal or superior to 5 in the CLB or NCLC.
- Be employed at the time of application submission.
- Be in Canada under a valid temporary residence status.
Canadian Government has also taken into consideration family applications. Under certain circumstances, this new policy will also allow potential candidates to include in their application family members in Canada or even abroad.
Omissions and missing documents can cause delays in the process and lead to refusals. Fortunately, at Immigration Pros Inc, we can help you with your process!
Do you want to know if you are eligible for this program and how you can apply? Contact us for a free assessment of your case. Immigration Pros is a certified immigration consultancy firm with more than 14 years of experience helping people immigrate successfully to Canada.
Beware of ghost immigration consultants! Only Certified Canadian Immigration Consultant members in good standing with the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC) can offer consultancy services for applications to Citizenship and Immigration Canada.