Study Permit Extension

If an international student is in Canada with a study permit about to expire, there are options to extend their stay:

  • They could extend their study permit if they have been accepted to study at any Designated Learning Institution (DLI).
  • They could change their expiring study permit and get a visitor one until they enroll in another DLI (This applies only if the foreign student is from a visa-exempt country).
  • If their study permit expired less than three months ago, the international student can restore their status and stay in Canada with legal status.

It is always best to plan ahead of time and submit a temporary residence application to remain in Canada before it is too late. The emergence of Covid-19 (Coronavirus), has impacted Canadian Government’s periods to process applications.

Hiring a Certified Consultation firm will ensure that an application meets the Canadian immigration authorities’ requirements, which dramatically increases the chances of a favourable outcome.

For more information regarding the options to apply to extend, renew or restore a status, contact us.

Contact us for a free evaluation of your case.

Ask for Quote
Our fee range: 

[$1,100 – $1,800]

Call +1 888-276-3399 (Toll-free) or +1 416-840-6570 and we will gladly provide you with a free quote for your particular case.

We speak English, Spanish, French, and Farsi.

Study Permit Extension: Download this form and send it back by e-mail or fax.

Fax: 416-352-7412


Click here to send us a message.