Common-law Partner Sponsorship

If you have been living together in a marriage-like relationship for at least 12 months consecutively (either in an opposite or in a same-sex relationship), it means that you are in a common-law relationship.

Sponsoring your partner under the common-law category requires you to provide additional proof of your relationship, making it a little more complicated than if you were married. Most common-law relationships do not have a government-issued document that confirms their relationship as married couples do.

So, unlike married couples, common-law partners must provide documentation to prove they have cohabited for at least 12 months.

As immigration consultants, we can assess you to make sure the documentation you provide is coherent and relevant.

We understand that obtaining a permanent residence for your common-law partner is a significant event in your life. With many years of experience in spouse and common-law partner sponsorship applications, we are committed to help you prepare a complete and strong application. Errors or omissions can cause delays or even the application’s rejection.

Don’t risk your future. Send us a message or fill out our form so we can assess you on your case.

Contact us for a free evaluation of your case.

Ask for Quote
Our fee range: 

[$2,970 – $4,880]

Call +1 888-276-3399 (Toll-free)  or +1 416-840-6570, and we will gladly provide you with a free quote for your particular case.

We speak English, Spanish, French, and Farsi.

Common-law Sponsorship: Download this form.

Other Family Sponsorship: Download this form and send it by email or fax.

Fax: 416-352-7412


Click here to send us a message.