Visa for caregivers

If you have selected a caregiver and now need to process all the paperwork so he/she can start working for you, we can help. (If you have not chosen a caregiver yet, you can visit our sister company’s website that offers caregiver recruitment services by clicking here or contacting us-


Caregivers who wish to work in Canada have two options to obtain Work Permits: Home Child Care Provider Pilot and Home Support Worker Pilot. These five-year-long programs are designed for caregivers and their families to come to Canada, work as Temporary Foreign Workers, and then obtain permanent residency, but only if you work in this professional field for the duration of your stay in Canada. These programs are occupation-restricted.

A caregiver is someone who helps a family with their children or someone who specializes in elderly care. Not everyone can be a caregiver. In fact, among the requirements to become a caregiver professional in Canada are completing a program, accumulating the right amount of working hours, and showing certificates. 

As of June 18th, 2019, both programs are available for foreign workers if they meet the following criteria:

  • If you comply with IRCC’s requirements.
  • If you have a job offer for an occupation in the field. 

Employers don't need an LMIA for Home Child Care Provider Pilots and Home Support Worker Pilots. The programs will allow you to gather valuable work experience to use towards your Permanent Residence application.

Temporary Foreign Worker Program

If you don’t meet the requirements for Home Child Care Provider Pilot and Home Support Worker Pilot, you might be able to apply for a Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP), but only if you’re already working in Canada. Your employer might need an LMIA — especially if you’re applying from abroad. Then your employer must have requested an LMIA before June 18, 2019. It is essential to mention that the conditions for Quebec are different. 

Closed programs

Some programs are no longer available for Foreign Workers: 

  • Live-in Caregiver Program: You can only apply for a Permanent Residency through this program if you have worked as a caregiver in Canada for at least two years, if you currently work in Canada with an LCP Work Permit, or if you were approved for your first LCP work permit based on an LMIA submitted to Employment and Social Development Canada before November 30, 2014.
  • Caring for Children Program, and Caring for People with High Medical Needs Program: These programs ended on June 18, 2019, but IRCC will process your application if you submitted it before that date.
  • Interim Pathway for Caregivers: This program ended on October 8, 2019, but IRCC will process your application if you submitted it before that date.

Our fees range:


Call +1-888-276-3399 or +1-416-840-6570 we will gladly provide you with a free quote for your particular case
(We speak English, Spanish, French, and Farsi) or

Download this form and
send it by e-mail or fax or
Click here to send us
a message.









For live-in caregivers already working in Canada, it will be needed to apply to an LMIA.

As for June 18, 2019, the Live-in caregiver program has been closed. For that matter, two new pilot programs are now available for the next five years:

The Home Child Care Provider Pilot and Home Support Worker Pilot allow the applicant to apply for the Permanent Residence, including their families, after gaining two years of experience as a caregiver in Canada. The first part of the applications belongs to the work permit, no LMIA is needed, and after two years, it is possible to apply for the Permanent Residence.

This program assesses from the beginning the applicant’s chances to obtain the Permanent  Residence before approving the application. For this reason, the requirements now demand higher qualifications. If you want to know your options to apply, call us for a free assessment.

If you have been in Canada for more than 20 months, give us a call, and we will work with you to obtain your permanent residence and open work permit hassle-free.

Do not risk one of the most important applications you will file in your life due to errors or mistakes. Sometimes a word or a number wrote unproperly can complicate things, and you may lose thousands of dollars in work opportunities that you could have taken if you had gotten your open work permit sooner.

Your family members also form part of your application. Do not risk seeing them many months later than planned by being called to an interview to clarify things that could have been made clear in the original application.

We know how to file your application correctly. Leave it to Immigration Pros!

Please contact us to see if you are a viable candidate under this program.

Immigration & Service Canada have taken measures due to the COVID-19 pandemic. As Immigration Experts we are totally aware of these changes. We are very experienced in providing 100% online services for Canada and abroad.     Call us for FREE