+1 888-276-3399 (English Toll-Free Number)

Common-Law Partner Sponsorship in Canada

Trust Your Process to High Success Consultants!

Don’t risk unnecessary delays or a refusal. Contact us today, and let’s talk about bringing your partner to Canada!

    Start your Free Assessment

    Which family member would you like to sponsor? *

    What is your current status? *

    Where are you now? *

    Have you been accepted for studies in Canada? *

    Do you have an employer in Canada? *

    Optional Message and/or Upload Provide more details about your situation or upload any relevant file such as: CV/resume, work, study or visitor permit, etc.

    We'll get back to you within a few hours
    Google rating logo
    15+ years of experience

    15+ years of experience

    Licensed by CICC and in every Canadian province

    Licensed by CICC and in every Canadian province

    Dedicated quality assurance team

    Dedicated quality assurance team

    Hundreds of successful cases per year

    Hundreds of successful cases per year

    We speak English, French, and Spanish

    We speak English, French, and Spanish

    Specialized in LMIAs, work permits, and family sponsorships

    Specialised in LMIAs, work permits, and family sponsorships

    What is Spouse Sponsorship?

    Spouse Sponsorship is a permanent residence path for spouses, common-law or conjugal partners of Canadian citizens or permanent residents in Canada.

    Depending on the nature of your relationship, as a permanent resident or Canadian citizen you’ll be able to help your loved one get established in one of the best countries in the world!

    What is a Common-Law Partner?

    A common-law partner is a person you lived with in a marriage-like relationship for at least 12 consecutive months.

    Canada makes no differentiation if you are in an opposite or same-sex relationship for this type of sponsorship.

    What is a Common-Law Partner?


    To be able to sponsor your common-law partner you must be able to comply with the established requirements:

    The Main Six Requirements to Become a Sponsor


    You must be at least 18 years of age.


    You must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident.

    Reside in Canada

    You must be living in Canada or plan to live in Canada once the sponsorship application is approved.

    Financial Stability

    You must not receive social assistance (unless you have a disability) and you can provide for yourself, your partner or dependent children.

    Criminal Background

    You must prove you haven’t been convicted for a sexual or abuse offence, a violent crime or for threatening or attempting to commit any of these offences/crimes.

    Permanent Residence

    If you were previously sponsored by an ex-spouse or partner, five years must have passed since your received permanent residence.

    Requirements Spouse Common-Law Partner Conjugal Partner
    Marriage certificate
    Marriage Viability
    Proof of relationship
    Valid temporary status in Canada
    Admissible in Canada

    Start Your Application to Sponsor Your Common-Law Partner TODAY!


    First Contact

    Fill out our form or call us and receive a free assessment to evaluate your company’s chances of successfully applying for an LMIA along with our best possible quote.


    All hands on deck

    We will work with you to make sure your recruitment efforts comply with Canadian government requirements


    Your Case

    We will put together a well-documented application justifying the need for your foreign workers


    Representing you

    We will represent you and communicate with Employment and Social Development Canada on your behalf while waiting for a decision. We will keep you informed at every stage of the process.


    Ready to Go!

    Once a decision is rendered, we will ensure that you have everything in place to employ your foreign workers.

    Start planning your future in Canada today! Fill out our Express Entry Application form and get a free assessment.

    We´ll get back to you within a few hours

    Beware of ghost Immigration Consultants! Only Certified Canadian Immigration and Citizenship Consultant members in good standing with the College of Immigration and Citizenship Consultants (CICC) can offer consultation services for Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada applications.